Eating Disorder Inpatient Treatment
Kartini Clinic provides medical stabilization for patients who meet the American Academy of Pediatrics criteria for hospitalization. Unlike most eating disorder treatment centers Kartini Clinic accepts medically unstable patients.
There are some other important differences about Kartini Clinic’s inpatient service. We strongly encourage parents to compare these elements of our service with those available at other eating disorder treatment facilities.
- The same team of pediatricians who will care for your child while in Kartini Clinic’s Day Treatment Unit will care for your child in the hospital.
- You will be able to stay with your child while he or she is in the hospital. You may also be able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Our doctors make daily rounds on our patients, 365 days a year. That means parents are always able to discuss their concerns with one of our doctors.
- We always admit to an adolescent medical ward, never a psychiatric ward. Eating disorders are medical conditions. Your child should not be in a ward with those suffering from psychiatric illnesses.
- Because our admissions are only for medical reasons, this service falls under your medical insurance benefits, not your mental health benefits (which are often more limited).
For more information about our inpatient service, please contact our intake coordinators, at 503 249 8851.